Goals of Esperance are to promote and develop women’s and girls’ football involvement in football programs and to increase the proportion of women and girls playing football at the grassroots, in schools and at amateur and professional levels. http://www.ferwafa.rw/
- To promote and develop women’s and girls’ football involvement in football programs.
- To increase the proportion of women and girls playing football at the grassroots, in schools and at amateur and professional levels.
- To change the attitudes and barriers based on our culture where the women’s to play football was considered as a tabou, to prove that they can also accomplish what their brothers can do.
Football means to us…
….a lot! It helps to bring the communities together with the same target, break the bridges, it’s not only the game but it brings joy and happiness among the players and the audiences. Through Football people have fun and its time for networking. Briefly football facilitate to go beyond the boundaries.
- Using Football in conflict resolution and peace building
- We have our specific and innovative methodology known as Football Amahoro: 3 boys and girls plays together, the goals scored by the women are the only goals accepted.
“To have an international women’s network playing football is a great initiative and we highly appreciate the Discover Football for leading this international platform…it will be a good place to share our experiences and learn from each other gaining the new opportunities so that the exchange in the fields…good job and keep it up…”
Being a woman and playing football means…
Having your self-confidence to prove that everything is possible not only for boys but also for girls.
Esperance is member of the Rwanda Football Federation.
Tuesday/Thursday 16:00 h
+25 0788 61 50 16