CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
for players, coaches, referees and womxn active in the field of soccer
Female soccer empowerment
DISCOVER FOOTBALL Conference
December 4-9th 2019 in Berlin, Germany
(Please read carefully. The application form can be found at the end of this page.)
Dear Futbolistas and Enthusiasts of Womxn’s Football and Womxn’s Rights,
Dear, Players, Coaches, Referees and Activists,
Womxn's football is still a contested territory worldwide. While the marketing machines are also being pitched for the Womxn's World Cup and more and more large clubs with men's teams are now building up womxn's teams, the non-discriminatory access to football for many womxn remains blocked. On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of DISCOVER FOOTBALL, we want to discuss future strategies for womxn's football with international players and, more specifically, strengthen the footballing skills of 20 female* leaders and multipliers in football.
For this we invite 10 young womxn, called “Young Leaders”, and 10 experienced players, who are already established in womxn's football and should be called “Senior Activists”.
Young Leaders should be:
- between 18-29 years old
- actively involved in womxn’s football (as a player, trainer or referee)
- motivated / desiring to be involved in football in the long term
Senior Activists should be:
- from 30 years old
- actively involved in womxn’s football (especially as coaches)
- carrying many years of experience in her field of work
- Role Models in their communities
Each of the Young Leaders gets a Senior Activist as a Mentor. Thus, we guarantee sustainable exchange and personal support of all Young Leaders. In all program points and workshops of the conference these duos will work together repetitively and can discuss practical problems together.
Goals of the conference
The following question will be discussed during the conference:
“How to enable non-discriminatory access for girls and womxn to play football worldwide?” The 20 participants will learn new training methods and strategies in order to better establish womxn's and girls' football in their associations / communities. This will enable them to make progress in football with their teams, on the one hand, and to improve the conditions of their associations’ structure, on the other hand.
We use football as a tool to confront gender inequality. Therefore, we invite womxn active in female football and/or womxn's rights from all over the world.
The main goals of the event are to share our experiences and bring womxn together from different backgrounds, to learn from each other, to strengthen mutual solidarity as well as womxn’s rights and to build a strong network.
Main costs for the event during the festival will be covered by DISCOVER FOOTBALL.**
* All female-identified persons are welcome including transgenders and intersexuals.
** Travel and visa costs, accommodation, meals and main transportation during the event will be provided by DISCOVER FOOTBALL. Travel costs for visa application and all other costs can only be covered in exceptional cases and must be agreed upon beforehand.
Apply by September 30th 2019, 23:59 (CET: UTC+2)
Let’s claim the pitch together!
DISCOVER FOOTBALL was started by committed football enthusiasts who use sport as a tool to empower womxn and promote intercultural understanding. We are mostly womxn who organize international conferences, tournaments and exhibitions where women and girls develop skills and share knowledge that will help them enhance their autonomy, mobility and power. We also collect and share information on womxn’s football and rights and are building a global network of football activists. This non-profit organization relies largely on the work of volunteers, which makes it unique in the world of football. DISCOVER FOOTBALL has received strong encouragement from German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the UN special advisor on Sport for Development and Peace, Mr. Willi Lemke.
In the project DISCOVER FOOTBALL, we are committed to promoting gender equality, emancipation and womxn’s rights and fighting discrimination. Football is our shared passion that enables womxn from different backgrounds with diverse life experiences to meet on a level playing field.
About You, the Applicants
you must be:
- from 18 years old;
- a womxn who is committed in the field of womxn’s football, womxn’s rights and empowerment;
- interested in getting to know other people and seeing football within a broader setting of womxn’s rights and culture;
- interested in being a mentor for a younger person or interested in getting a mentor and working as a team
- above all, interested in dialogue with other people, learning and experiencing new workshop and training methods beyond the pitch. In addition, you should be eager to contribute with your own ideas and experiences and be able to communicate with us via the internet and provide all required information for logistics. Your social commitment and experience in the field of football as well as an interest to think beyond the line is more important to us than your actual football skills.
- The event will take place from December 4 to December 9, 2019. Day of arrival is Wednesday, December 4, and day of departure is Monday, December 9.
- We will invite 20 womxn from all over the world.
- If invited, you agree to be photographed and filmed over the course of the event.
- Travel costs, accommodation, meals and main transportation during the event will be provided.
- Language: All languages are respected and we will try to find interpreters if needed. However, please note that communication prior to the event will be in English.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the up-to-date information, please check our website regularly (discoverfootball.de).
Please fill out the online form you find below and click the “submit” button. If it shouldn’t work properly on this page, please try this link: https://airtable.com/shrRG8SPa1WauQaeF
Deadline is September 30th, 2019, 23:59 (CET: UTC+2)
Application does not guarantee participation. All decisions are final and not open to legal recourse.
This conference is funded by: