Women Conquer The Pitch is a multimedia exhibition that will take place during June and July 2014, the World Cup’s months, in Centro Cultural Municipal Parque das Ruínas. It is a place to learn, to teach and to debate about gender equality through football.
Women Conquer The Pitch is the result of documentation and research done in the context of DISCOVER FOOTBALL international projects and networking. The interactive and multimedia-based elements aim at three main objectives:
- Raise awareness for women’s football and use it as a platform to overcome prejudices related to gender, as well as race and social condition
- Bring visibility to the power of football to change and empower lives of women
- Our exhibition will document in a comprehensible way methods and strategies for promoting women’s football
“Women Conquer the Pitch” goes far beyond an exhibition. It will open a space for the debate and the fight against discrimination and prejudice for women in football.
Stories from the exhibition:
- Nadia Assaf and the GFA, Lebanon
- Honey Thaljieh and Diyar, Palestine
- Khalida Popal and the Afghan National Team, Afghanistan
- Mesada Ramounieh and the Orthodox Club, Jordan
- Iryna Vanat and the Women's Football Association of Lviv region, Ukraine
- Niloofar Bassir and Football Under Cover, Iran
- Tanja Walther-Ahrens and DFC Kreuzberg, Germany
- Portia Mafokwane and Girlz kickin' HIV, South Africa
- Ratinha Daniele and Estrela Sports, Brazil
- Caitlin Fisher and Guerreiras Project, Brazil
A big thanks to our partner Guerreiras Project for the great fotos portraying the Brazilian national team.
The exhibition was funded by the German Foreign Office and the German Ministry of the Interior.